What items are not permitted in the parks?
Disneyland Resort performs security checks which require all guests to pass through metal detectors and all personal belongings, such as bags and purses, to be inspected. The following items are prohibited:
- Weapons of any kind, including objects or toys that appear to be firearms or weapons
- Self-defense or restraining devices, such as pepper spray or mace
- Marijuana (including marijuana-enriched products) or any illegal substance
- Fireworks or other similarly explosive and/or flammable objects, smoke machines, or fog machines
- Alcoholic beverages, except in certain situations at non-theme park locations
- Glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars)
- Horns, whistles, large megaphones, or artificial noisemakers
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote-control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, bicycles, or shoes with built-in wheels
- Strollers that are greater than 31" (79 cm) in width and 52" (132 cm) in length
- Wagons, including stroller wagons
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed, pulled, or towed by an ECV (Electric Conveyance Vehicle), wheelchair, stroller, or person
- Suitcases, bags, coolers, or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (61 cm x 38 cm x 46 cm) are not allowed in any theme park. Loose or dry ice is not permitted in these containers. Re-usable ice packs are permitted.
- Folding chairs
- Selfie sticks, hand-held extension poles for cameras or mobile devices, flags, and banners
- Tripods or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack or that extend over 6’ (183 cm)
- And more
To view all prohibited items, click here.
Please note that some of these prohibited items only apply to Disneyland Resort's parks and Downtown Disney District, not on-site hotels.
Need additional help? Contact us.