After a closure of more than one year due to the coronavirus, Universal Studios Hollywood will officially reopen its theme park gates on Friday, April 16th.
Tickets to the park will become available online only starting Thursday, April 8th and will be limited to California residents. Party sizes are limited to a maximum of three households and ten people. Guests who purchased park tickets prior to April 8, 2021 will be required to make an advance reservation to visit, which can be made online starting April 5th.
Universal Studios Hollywood will welcome its Pass Members back with a series of complimentary Bonus Days on select days from April 15th (a Pass Member preview day) through May 16th; Bonus Days can be reserved online beginning Monday, April 5th. Pass Members can enjoy regular use of their passes beginning Monday, May 17th.
Some attractions and shows will not initially be available when the park reopens. Universal Studios Hollywood will implement the following procedures and practices:
- Guests and Team Members are required to wear face coverings.
- Guests and Team Members are required to undergo temperature checks. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be permitted into Universal CityWalk or Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Limiting and reducing daily park attendance and ridership for the Studio Tour and rides and seating capacity for shows.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfection of food locations, ride vehicles, and other frequent touch points.
- Physical distancing at all locations throughout the park, including at rides, shows, and attractions, in queues and at dining locations.
- Offering contactless payment options and no touch policies where possible.
For additional information about Universal Studios Hollywood’s reopening click/tap here. Tickets and reservations to the park can be made at UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.